Kale Superfood Salad
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup edamame, cooked and shelled
- 1/2 bunch kale (about 4 to 5 cups), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped if necessary
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ TSP salt
- ¼ TSP pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, likely cooking with 1 cup water to the 1/2 cup dry quinoa. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the kale, blueberries, edamame, dried cherries, almonds, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a jar with a lid, add the orange juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, seal with lid, and shake
- to combine; about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add desired amount of dressing to salad, toss well to combine, and serve immediately. Extra dressing will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week; shake vigorously before using.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more