"I walked into the office until the moment I left the hospital, I felt valued and understood. Dr. Yu talked, asked questions, and listened. His staff was friendly and personable and I did not feel embarrassed that I needed help to lose weight. "
Suzette’s Patient Story*
Procedure: Gastric Sleeve
Weight Loss: 106 lbs
I was at 270 pounds when I had enough. I was a size 24. I changed my insurance thinking that it would cover and after months of jumping through ridiculous hoops and dealing with a crackpot doctor, my insurance recommended I was denied. My world was rocked because I believe that was my ticket to change. A friend recommended Dr. Yu and the experience was totally different. From the moment that I walked into the office until the moment I left the hospital, I felt valued and understood. Dr. Yu talked, asked questions, and listened. His staff was friendly and personable and I did not feel embarrassed that I needed help to lose weight. I was motivated that I saw every walk of life in many stages. I managed to get the money and due to me also having a hernia my insurance covered most of the hospital.
The challenge was that I believed that the surgery would change how I dealt with food. It does not. I began walking 3 miles a day as soon as I was released but the craving for crap was strong. Knowing that I had spent the money helped. I watched countless youtube videos and read everything I could read to stay motivated.
Currently, I am down 106 pounds and weigh 165. I want to be at 140-145 and have more to go. I am currently in a size large and a 9/10 jeans.
1. Not allowing myself to start the cheats or old habits.
2. Thinking “I deserve” to justify a cheat
3. Not putting myself first with time to workout or walk
4. Not planning my meals
5. Thinking that the surgery will change the way I think about food
6. Thinking that surgery fixes your weight and that it is not a lot of hard work
1. I am down 106 pounds
2. I feel better
3. I can walk without breathing like a train
4. Every day someone tells me that I am beautiful
5. My husband is dating me again and worries that I will find someone else (NOT)
6. I like myself and even like to take pictures.
7. I am more confident
8. I am proud of myself
9. My kids are proud to be seen with me
10. I can sit on things without worrying if they can hold me.
11. I can sit on a chair and not look like I have two people hanging on each side.
12. New clothes
14. I look younger
*Results will vary
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity