Five Easy Exercise Tips to Start the New Year Off Right!
The beginning of the New Year is a great time to reflect on your fitness goals and make a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Even if you aren’t one to proclaim a New Year’s resolution, you can still take advantage of the beginning of a new year as a fresh start and a chance for improvement. Starting and sticking to an exercise routine doesn’t have to be complicated or costly. In fact, you’re more likely to follow through if you develop habits that are simple and fit in with your lifestyle. Here are five easy tips to kickstart a successful exercise habit:
- Take it slow and steady Many an enthusiastic person has started a rigorous exercise program only to abandon it due to exhaustion or injury. It is much wiser to start small with a commitment that you can meet every day, such as a brisk 20 minute walk. Once you’ve established a habit, you can add in longer or more challenging workouts.
- Find a buddy It is easy to find excuses to skip a workout, but you’ll be less likely to abandon plans if a friend is counting on you. Working out with others is a great way to make time for old friends or establish new friendships with neighbors or co-workers.
- Mix it up Some people fail to stick to an exercise routine because they get bored of doing the same thing every day. Try a mix of different activities such as outdoor hikes, swimming, group classes like Zumba or yoga, and workout videos you can do at home. Mixing it up is good for your body and will keep things interesting.
- Integrate fitness into your every day It is important to schedule in a dedicated workout time, but you can also improve your fitness level throughout the day. At home, volunteer for more active chores such as carrying groceries, vacuuming and dog walking. Whenever possible walk to your destination when running errands or visiting friends.
- Stay mindful after you exercise Congratulations, you’ve finished a workout! But don’t throw in the towel just yet. Make sure to hydrate and stretch, and take a minute to log your progress in an exercise journal. These steps will contribute to your success in the long run.
Make sure to check in with your physician before you start any new exercise routine. Staying active is an important ingredient for life long wellness. Use these fitness tips to create a new, healthier you this year!
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more
Weight loss is a multi-faceted approach. Along with proper nutrition and daily physical activity, new findings show that modifying the bacteria in our gut may improve weight loss outcomes, specifically with the strain Bifidobacterium lactis (B-420) found in Bariatric Advantage’s new probiotic FloraVantage Control. Taken daily for at least 6 months, studies resulted in an…Read More
I mean getting physically active, that is. Not moving for long periods of time has continued to negatively impact our health and longevity. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes every day, it is still not enough to protect you from disease. Increased sitting has been linked to increased risk for type 2 diabetes and…Read More
We are excited offer the Obalon® Gastric Balloon System, the FIRST and ONLY swallowable gastric balloon approved by the FDA to kickstart healthy weight loss. For a limited time, get up to $1,000 off* this non-surgical weight loss procedure with a $500 instant rebate and a $500 mail-in…Read More