Five Easy Exercise Tips to Start the New Year Off Right!
The beginning of the New Year is a great time to reflect on your fitness goals and make a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Even if you aren’t one to proclaim a New Year’s resolution, you can still take advantage of the beginning of a new year as a fresh start and a chance for improvement. Starting and sticking to an exercise routine doesn’t have to be complicated or costly. In fact, you’re more likely to follow through if you develop habits that are simple and fit in with your lifestyle. Here are five easy tips to kickstart a successful exercise habit:
- Take it slow and steady Many an enthusiastic person has started a rigorous exercise program only to abandon it due to exhaustion or injury. It is much wiser to start small with a commitment that you can meet every day, such as a brisk 20 minute walk. Once you’ve established a habit, you can add in longer or more challenging workouts.
- Find a buddy It is easy to find excuses to skip a workout, but you’ll be less likely to abandon plans if a friend is counting on you. Working out with others is a great way to make time for old friends or establish new friendships with neighbors or co-workers.
- Mix it up Some people fail to stick to an exercise routine because they get bored of doing the same thing every day. Try a mix of different activities such as outdoor hikes, swimming, group classes like Zumba or yoga, and workout videos you can do at home. Mixing it up is good for your body and will keep things interesting.
- Integrate fitness into your every day It is important to schedule in a dedicated workout time, but you can also improve your fitness level throughout the day. At home, volunteer for more active chores such as carrying groceries, vacuuming and dog walking. Whenever possible walk to your destination when running errands or visiting friends.
- Stay mindful after you exercise Congratulations, you’ve finished a workout! But don’t throw in the towel just yet. Make sure to hydrate and stretch, and take a minute to log your progress in an exercise journal. These steps will contribute to your success in the long run.
Make sure to check in with your physician before you start any new exercise routine. Staying active is an important ingredient for life long wellness. Use these fitness tips to create a new, healthier you this year!
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more
We are excited offer the Obalon® Gastric Balloon System, the FIRST and ONLY swallowable gastric balloon approved by the FDA to kickstart healthy weight loss. Our team of weight loss experts will begin scheduling appointments for Obalon gastric balloons in January, 2017. Advantages of the Obalon 3-Balloon System Effective Weight Loss: The Obalon Balloon System…Read More
Texas Laparoscopic Consultants is excited to announce the addition of the Obalon Balloon System to our nonsurgical weight loss options. Rather than having to undergo a surgical procedure, patients can now lose weight though the nonsurgical Obalon swallowable gastric balloon. What Is the Obalon Balloon System? The Obalon Balloon System is an FDA approved nonsurgical…Read More
At Texas Laparoscopic Consultants, we provide weight loss solutions tailored to the needs and goals of our patients, and we always strive to perform the most minimally invasive procedures possible while delivering safe and effective results. Therefore, we are thrilled to announce that Dr. Yu has performed our first Endoscopic Gastric Sleeve procedure at TLC….Read More