Am I A Candidate?
Texas Laparoscopic Consultants offers a comprehensive program that serves as a guide throughout your weight loss journey. Our program is designed to help you long-term, providing you with assistance and support before your surgery, through to your procedure, and after your surgery with proper diet and exercise programs. We make this commitment of assistance to you because we care about helping you successfully attain your goals and get on the road to better health and a slimmer physique. In so doing, we ask that you also make a commitment to us. Please be sure to follow our recommendations before and after surgery in order to minimize the risk of complications and help to ensure a successful outcome.
Patient Eligibility Criteria for our practice is based on the candidacy guidelines established by the National Institute of Health. These include:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or greater, with or without comorbidities (conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea, and/or others related to severe obesity)
- BMI between 30 and 35 with comorbidities
- Commitment to permanent lifestyle changes, including exercise
- Willingness to commit to treatment and long-term follow-up
- Proof that you have tried non-surgical weight loss methods and have failed to achieve significant results
- Family and social environment that is supportive
- Accepting of operative and medical risks
- Demonstrates sufficient ability to understand the surgery, potential complications, and associated lifestyle changes that will need to occur
Truly thankful for Dr. Yu and the amazing treatment from everyone on the team! I couldn’t be happier with my journey and life changes. I had VSG with Dr. Yu and I happily walked my self out of the hospital the next day ready for my new chapter. I am happy to say I have lost 125 lbs since starting.Jennifer
The TLC Surgery Doctors have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.