Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty
Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty as an effective and minimally invasive weight loss procedure option. This innovative procedure uses an endoscope inserted through the mouth to reduce the size of the stomach, to promote weight loss without any external incisions.
How Does Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty Work?
Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty, also known as ESG or the non-surgical sleeve, is an innovative and minimally invasive bariatric surgery. It is similar to a traditional gastric sleeve surgery because it reduces the stomach size to restrict the amount of food a patient can eat. However, unlike a surgical sleeve procedure, the Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty is performed without any incisions and part of the stomach is not removed.
To perform the Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty, our doctors insert an endoscope, which is a flexible tube with a camera attached, into the mouth down into the stomach. We then use an endoscopic suturing device to reduce the size of the stomach.
When the stomach is smaller, there is less capacity for food allowing for the patient to feel fuller while consuming less. The patient will lose weight as less calories are consumed.
Benefits of Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty*
- Reduction in excess body weight by over 50% within one year¹
- May help improve comorbid conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, sleep apnea, hypertension, high cholesterol, and joint pain
- Quicker recovery, patients resume normal activities the next day
- No external sutures, no external scarring
- Less postoperative pain, indicates reduced need for painkillers compared to traditional surgical weight loss procedures
Maintaining Weight Loss After Endoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
ESG is a tool for weight loss and part of a complete lifestyle change needed to maintain long term weight loss. While the procedure can successfully help patients lose weight, additional positive lifestyle changes need to be made in order to develop healthy habits. Our experienced surgeons and the TLC team provide support to make your new lifestyle an empowering journey!
Some lifestyle changes that may help patients maintain weight loss include:
- Eat the right diet – Our experienced dietitians provide meal plans for post-procedure patients and share healthy recipes to help you stay on track
- Find a fitness routine you enjoy and can commit to doing consistently
- Attend Support Groups to stay motivated
- Remember we are always here for you! Call us to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors if your weight loss stalls
- Connect with us on our Facebook page as a resource for inspiration, healthy recipes, and weight loss tips
Am I A Candidate For Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
If you have struggled to lose weight through diet and exercise, and you are seeking a non-surgical option to lose a significant amount of weight, you might be a candidate for the Endoscopic Incisionless Sleeve Gastroplasty. During a consultation, our experienced surgeons will discuss your weight loss goals and evaluate your health to determine the best option for you.
Begin Your Weight Loss Transformation Today
The first step to transform your life and reclaim your health is to schedule an appointment. Our team is ready to answer any questions you may have, and can provide a free insurance check. Contact us today or call us at (713) 496-0419 to schedule a consultation and learn more about minimally invasive bariatric surgery.
*Individual Results May Vary
¹ Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology January 2017 Volume 15, Issue 1, Pages 37–43.e1
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more