Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbs tahini (sesame paste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- soak raw cashews covered in water for 8hours or over night, then drain well.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat, and saute onions and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes
- add 4 cups of water to pot, along with chopped cauliflower, soaked and drained cashews and bring to a boil
- reduce heat and let simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15-20minutes.
- Remove soup with heat and let cool for 10 minutes. stir in tahini
- Transfer soup to a blender or using a handheld immersion blender, pureed until soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: dollop plain greek yogurt on top and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley. Serve with high fiber crackers
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more
Ingredients: 1/4 cup raw cashews 2 Tbs olive oil 1/2 small white onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium cauliflower, cut into 2 inch chunks 2 Tbs tahini (sesame paste) salt and pepper to taste Directions: soak raw cashews covered in water for 8hours or over night, then drain well. Heat oil in…Read More
Lemon Herb Chickpeas (recipe adapted from Nutrition Action Healthletter) Ingredients 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 2 Tbs. plain greek yogurt (fat free or low fat) 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 1 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste) ¼ tsp. kosher salt 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped or 1…Read More
Weight loss is a multi-faceted approach. Along with proper nutrition and daily physical activity, new findings show that modifying the bacteria in our gut may improve weight loss outcomes, specifically with the strain Bifidobacterium lactis (B-420) found in Bariatric Advantage’s new probiotic FloraVantage Control. Taken daily for at least 6 months, studies resulted in an…Read More