Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbs tahini (sesame paste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- soak raw cashews covered in water for 8hours or over night, then drain well.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat, and saute onions and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes
- add 4 cups of water to pot, along with chopped cauliflower, soaked and drained cashews and bring to a boil
- reduce heat and let simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15-20minutes.
- Remove soup with heat and let cool for 10 minutes. stir in tahini
- Transfer soup to a blender or using a handheld immersion blender, pureed until soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: dollop plain greek yogurt on top and sprinkle fresh chopped parsley. Serve with high fiber crackers
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
Ingredients: 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese 2 Tbs canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1/8 tsp vanilla extract Directions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Perfect for the fall! Makes 1 serving Appropriate for Pureed Stage Post-Op DietRead More
Ingredients: 1/4 cup raw cashews 2 Tbs olive oil 1/2 small white onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium cauliflower, cut into 2 inch chunks 2 Tbs tahini (sesame paste) salt and pepper to taste Directions: soak raw cashews covered in water for 8hours or over night, then drain well. Heat oil in…Read More
Lemon Herb Chickpeas (recipe adapted from Nutrition Action Healthletter) Ingredients 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 2 Tbs. plain greek yogurt (fat free or low fat) 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 1 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste) ¼ tsp. kosher salt 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped or 1…Read More