Poached Pesto Cod
Quick and easy, 1 skillet dinner
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound green beans
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1/4 pounds cod, cut into 4 portions
- Pinch salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Lemon wedges for serving
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and stir occasionally until softened.
2. Add green beans into same pan with shallots and stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle both sides of cod with salt and pepper.
4. Spread green beans into a flat layer in the pan, and lay cod on top.
5. Increase heat to high, add broth and cover to cook until cod is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer green beans and cod onto a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
7. Continue to boil broth over high heat until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
8. Remove pan from heat and stir pesto into reduced broth.
9. Pour sauce over fish and serve with lemon wedges.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity