Lemon Garlic “Pasta”
(Adapted from Bariatric Eating)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned, or 1 pound chicken breast cut into dice size pieces
1. Using a vegetable spiralizer, or a “Vegetti” or store bought zucchini noodles (zoodles), cut zucchini into long spaghetti strands. Lay on paper towels and pat dry to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
2. Cook the garlic in the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until toasted and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Turn heat to high, add the shrimp or chicken and sauté until fully cooked. Remove into bowl with the garlic.
4. Into the same pan, add the lemon zest and juice, broth, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to the hot pan and boil until slightly thickened and reduced, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the zucchini pasta and toss until well coated and softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp or chicken, garlic chips and give a final toss to combine.
The TLC Surgery Doctors have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity