Aunt Gail’s Italian Sausage & Apple Low Carb Stuffing
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, from an Italian store is best, otherwise I use Jimmy Dean as it is very lean
- 2 cups sliced celery, about 5 large stalks, I use the tender heart and leaves
- 2 cups diced sweet onion, about 2 medium
- 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples, about 2 large or 3 small peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bells Seasoning. Little yellow cardboard box with turkey on front – it’s worth the effort to find
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farms stuffing cubes or cornbread stuffing – NOT the whole package
- Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
Brown the sausage in a large skillet breaking it up into fine pieces while stirring. Add the celery, onion, apples, butter, olive oil and cook over medium high until the onion softened and translucent. Stir in the garlic powder, salt, pepper and Bells Seasoning.
Place the bead cubes in a large bowl, add the sautéed vegetable sausage mixture, parsley and toss to combine while adding enough chicken broth to make a very moist stuffing. An upside down roasted turkey it’s too difficult to stuff the turkey so we have become ‘dish people’.
Cover with Pam sprayed or buttered foil and bake 30 minutes covered, plus 20 minutes uncovered to crisp edges.
The TLC Surgery Doctors have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity