5 Tips on Getting Physical at Work
I mean getting physically active, that is.
Not moving for long periods of time has continued to negatively impact our health and longevity. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes every day, it is still not enough to protect you from disease. Increased sitting has been linked to increased risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. The goal is to move more throughout the entire day, not just once a day. Here are some tips to get you off your bum and moving more during your workday at the office.
– Every 30 minutes: Set a timer, via a free smartphone app or on your computer, as a reminder to stand up, and refresh your body and blood circulation by stretching your arms, back and waist.
– Lunch walks: Get some fresh air and sunshine, or just get away from your desk to clear your mind by taking 5-10 minute walks before and after your lunch break. Walking after meals can also help with digestion and decrease acid reflux.
– Take the long route: Go the distance by walking a few more steps to a further restroom, water cooler, or copy machine.
– Stand to use your computer: Elevate your computer to standing height, and take a sit-down break every 30 minutes.
– 5 minute walking loop with stairs: From your office, head down the hall towards the stairwell, take a one flight of stairs either up or down to the next floor, and walk down the hall to the opposite stairwell. Take the stairs back to your floor and repeat if time permits.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more
Weight loss is a multi-faceted approach. Along with proper nutrition and daily physical activity, new findings show that modifying the bacteria in our gut may improve weight loss outcomes, specifically with the strain Bifidobacterium lactis (B-420) found in Bariatric Advantage’s new probiotic FloraVantage Control. Taken daily for at least 6 months, studies resulted in an…Read More
I mean getting physically active, that is. Not moving for long periods of time has continued to negatively impact our health and longevity. Even if you exercise for 30 minutes every day, it is still not enough to protect you from disease. Increased sitting has been linked to increased risk for type 2 diabetes and…Read More
We are excited offer the Obalon® Gastric Balloon System, the FIRST and ONLY swallowable gastric balloon approved by the FDA to kickstart healthy weight loss. For a limited time, get up to $1,000 off* this non-surgical weight loss procedure with a $500 instant rebate and a $500 mail-in…Read More