- 2 tsp Oil, canola, 1 ea Onion, yellow, ckd, drained, sml, whole, 3 ea Carrots, fresh, whole, 7 1/2″ long, each
- 1 lbs Chicken, broiler/fryer, breast, w/o skin, rstd, 1 ea Potatoes, ckd in skin, peeled, unsalted, 2 1/2″, each
- 14 oz Broth, chicken, low sod, rts, cnd, 1 cup Water, municipal, 1 ea Bay, leaves, whole, dried
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1/2 tsp Spice, thyme, ground, 1/2 tsp Spice, sage, ground
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, black
Heat oil in Dutch Oven pan or large saucepan over medium heat. Chop onion, carrots, chicken and potato into bite sized pieces. Add the onion and carrots to the saucepan. Saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken, potato, broth, water and the seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low andcook until the potatoes and carrots are tender, about 30-35 minutes. Serve in soup bowls. Yield: 6 weight-loss-friendly or standard servings.
Stop eating at the first sign of fullness. Moist cooking methods (braising, poaching, stewing, boiling, pan-frying, slow-cooking) help to soften protein sourcesand make them more band-friendly, improving diet tolerance.
Calcium: 28.7, Sodium: 94.9, Bread/Starch (Exchange): 0.3, Lean Meat (Exchange): 0.1, Sugars: 2.7, Sugar Alcohols: 0.0, Dietary Fiber: 1.7, Vegetable (Exchange): 0.8, Total Carbohydrate: 9.8, Total Fat: 3.6, Cholesterol: 42.9, Potassium: 352.3, Vitamin A: 6077.0, Phosphorus: 140.5, Fat (Exchange): 0.4, Calories: 141.9, Very Lean Meat (Exchange): 2.2, Vitamin C: 5.8, Iron: 1.0, Saturated Fat: 0.7, Trans Fatty Acid: 0.0, Water: 194.0, DHA: 0.0, Protein: 17.1
* Serving size approximate for all bariatric procedures. For more specific serving size information, please consult with your healthcare professional.
- BMI < 20
- BMI 20 - 24.9
- healthy weight
- BMI 25 - 29.9
- BMI 30 - 34.9
- BMI 35 - 39.9
- severe obesity
- BMI 40 - 49.9
- morbid obesity
- BMI > 50
- super morbid obesity
THE TLC DIFFERENCE
Discover what sets TLC apart from other bariatric practices.Learn more